-
January 23rd, 2003, 09:02 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi guys, it was sugested to me that I should add a second 15" driver to my 604-hpln'd instead of adding a sub to the system. This has its merits as I can cut down on the foot print of the system which is kind of what I am trying to achive. This is how I was thinking on doing it; build 11 cuft enclosures and divide each enclosure into 2 seperate parts. I was thinking about 4 cuft for the 604-hpln and tune it to maybe 100 hz, and 6-7 cuft for the second driver to cover the lower octaves. My question is what would be a good driver to compliment the 604-hpln? is the Emminance driver that urei used in the 813 monitor a good choice ( and if so is that driver still availible )or is there a Altec driver or perhaps a JBL driver that would be better?. Any help would be appreciated!
Regards Mike C.
-
January 23rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
I would vote for a 416-8B. Works good in a vented enclosure, goes pretty darn low, and is fast.
It will be interesting to see what others say......
Ron
-
January 24th, 2003, 12:43 AM
#3
Inactive Member
If you do a T/S run on the 604, you will find that 3 cubic feet will give you a very nice 60 Hz F3. Take the rest of the space and use it for the woofer. I would use a 416 of some ilk for the woofer with a minimum or 7.5 cubic feet which is similar to the Model 19. The 416 is of similar efficiency and speed to the 604. Other choices, albeit they are not as efficient or fast are the 411, in 8 cubic feet-sealed, or the 3154 in 6 cubic feet ported. The 604 will give about 40Hz in a 9 cubic foot gross box (620). The Eminence is not the woofer the ALTEC's are and is most assurably no longer made. 515s are similar in motor to the 604 and would require the 9 cubic feet for low bass also. Best of Luck, Jim
-
January 24th, 2003, 10:23 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Thanks for the reply guys, I did not consider the 416 for the bottom as they are extreamly hard to find here in Australia. If they are the choice though I will start looking.
Thanks again Mike C
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks